- Workplace Type: On-site
Not just any solution... the right solution.
Partner with experience
Horace W. Robinson may have taught himself how to do the required customs paperwork to move his lumber—but you don’t have to.
The legacy of Robinson’s initiative infuses Cole International’s Trade Consulting department to this day. From our earliest days helping customers move their products over the border, through the increase in compliance and regulatory changes over the years, our Trade Consulting department has grown in size—and experience. We go beyond customs brokerage to ensure we uncover every risk and opportunity in your operations. We listen deeply, all the better to ensure a customized solution that fits your company’s needs.
Want to avoid paying too much duty?
Worried about being audited?
Planning a large-scale move?
Our Trade Consulting team has you covered.
The support you need
Our team is standing by to help you:
- Understand what’s at risk - Our comprehensive risk analysis reviews your supply chain process to determine improvements for increasing compliance and reducing risk.
- Know what you qualify for - Do you qualify for Free Trade or has your supply chain changed? Free Trade qualification exercises and education keep you on top of regulations.
- Stay on top of your costs - Our team can provide you with a complete tariff classification database so you are aware of the duty applicable to your goods. Let us file for advance rulings to ensure your classification is correct. We can also review your product prior to shipping to Canada to confirm applicability with the Special Import Measures Act (SIMA) to ensure you are not hit with unexpected costs after import.
- Maintain accuracy of post-import corrections - We can file corrections to your imports if you find that incorrect paperwork or valuation was used for release. We can file for voluntary disclosures to assist in reduction of penalties if you find a large error on several past imports. We can also file quarterly blanket corrections for those imports where quantities and value rely on received amounts and not the shipped amount. This is typical for those products that have values that change due to market adjustments.
- Get compliant - Access our library of customs compliance manuals and training tools.
- Determine duty opportunities - We help with duty drawback and duty referral, as well as provide SIMA duty recovery if applicable.
- Build your team education - Our training webinars and/or in-house placement let your business grow competence.
- Succeed with large-scale project moves - We provide comprehensive customs and compliance services for large-scale project moves.
Deepen your understanding of our trade consulting world
Check out our easy to follow infographics, where we break down the logistics language!