- Workplace Type: On-site
Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
Navigating international trade programs with ease
Navigate International Trade Programs with ease
Canada has 14 International Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) with 65 countries.
Every FTA covers different regulations and provisions, depending on the partner country.
By keeping our finger on the pulse of ongoing FTAs, along with identifying, soliciting and verifying nations that have existing FTAs with Canada, we help minimize free trade exceptions and reduce or even eliminate tariffs payable on the goods you import.
Free trade in
The main Free Trade Agreement Cole works with is the pact between Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Following negotiations, Canada, the U.S. and Mexico settled on a deal to rework the 26-year-old NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement).
There are three different names for this single agreement, depending on which country one lives in:
- In Canada: the Canada-United States-Mexico (CUSMA) Free Trade Agreement
- In the U.S.: the United States-Mexico-Canada (USMCA) Free Trade Agreement
- In Mexico: the Tratado Entre México-Estados Unidos y Canadá (T-MEC)
with 65 Countries
Comprehensive compliance solutions
The relationship between FTAs and duty is commonly misunderstood by importers. How can you ensure the goods made in the FTA country will qualify for duty-free or duty-relieved treatment under that FTA?
We know that as an importer, you already have a lot on the go. But knowing your responsibilities will help you get the most out of your FTAs. Partnering with Cole not only allows you to leverage your FTAs with ease but grow your own knowledge base simultaneously, leaving you more empowered when it comes to navigating the terrain.
Leverage our knowledge and experience
Our consulting team is well-versed in the ins and outs of all FTAs and we use our knowledge to guide your company smoothly through the compliance process with minimal disruptions to your company’s daily activities.
Whether you choose our full service or limited service, our proactive approach helps you:
- Keep your database up-to-date - We update your database to ensure all certificates are completed correctly
- Maintain certificates - We help identify errors/ omissions, prevent duplication and minimize exposure
- Save money - We help identify potential refunds on qualifying goods
- Stay in the loop - We provide detailed, customized reports and keep you informed every step of the way
- Ensure accuracy - We review your supplier certificates and seek corrective action where required, along with empowering and educating you in your own knowledge of FTAs