- Country: Canada
- Workplace Type: On-site
- Requesting Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City: Blaine
- Province / State: Washington
- Experience Level: Entry Level
Join our team.
Technical Service Representative
The Technical Service Representative has various key responsibilities involved with the shipping and crossing of international borders that require certain documentation to meet the requirements of US Customs and additional Partner Government Agencies. The TSR understands the impact of this position to other business functions depends on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items that are required to facilitate the flow of international trade. He/she will ensure all shipments are cleared for transport and all legal obligations and documentation requirements are adhered to, and that the shipments are processed timely & accurately, while satisfying customer/client expectations.
- Customer Focus
- Professional Communication Skills
- Energy & Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Process all required paperwork for international shipping arrangements such as entry release, TIBs, ACE Manifests, Bonds, ISFs, AES, etc.
- Assure all international shipments meet legal and customs regulations
- Maintain filing of shipping documents
- Prepare and schedule shipments as assigned
- Run reports as assigned
- Communicate with carriers, clients, customs, and co-workers to ensure needs and timelines are being met
- Paying ACH Statements as assigned
- Perform Credits and Re-bills when necessary
- Classify goods according to the US HTS
- New Account Setups
- Mentor/Train employees as needed
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies/concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments, and deliveries
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures, and safety regulations
- Obtain Forklift Certification as assigned
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, and trucks as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by the direct Supervisor
Requirements & Education
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in the customs brokerage/logistics industry preferred.
- Able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of lading for domestic/international shipments.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills in Excel, Word, and e-mail.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.