Trade Advisor, Special Projects
Reports to the Special Projects Manager. This position is responsible for the application of Canadian tariff classification for various commodities with detailed information supplied by the vendor.
• Problem Solving
• Customs Knowledge
• Understanding of Customs regulations
• Organizational Skills
• Computer Skills
• Detail Orientated
• Project Management
• Time Management
• Assigns accurate Canadian HS Tariff classification as assigned by Project Manager
• Audits for correct HS within project
• Must have completed grade 12 Education with continued studies in industry recognized training relating to international trade, business and management.
• Customs Qualification Certificate, Customs Professional Customs License, CCS or equivalent is required.
• Post-secondary educational studies in management, consulting, tax, logistics, accounting or international trade would be an asset.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive customs experience with knowledge in compliance, HS classification and tariff interpretation.
• Must be computer literate with a strong background in the use of personal computers, and Microsoft Office Programs. (Excel)
• Up to date comprehensive knowledge of Canadian Customs Tariff.
• Must be detail oriented, have a strong work ethic and a personal desire to achieve positive results.
• Ability to work independently and make positive decisions that will benefit both the client and Cole.
• Flexible work hours
• Work remotely
• Healthy work – life balance
• Comfortable work stations
• Education and Training available