The solutions you need & expect for your Canadian Imports
Whether you're a major manufacturer, a national retailer or a local importer of specialized products, Cole International can fulfill your full range of Canadian customs brokerage needs. With customized services backed by more than half a century of experience, we'll enhance the flow of your company's goods into Canada by minimizing costs and delays that could affect your supply chain.
Want to understand the Canadian import process better?
Check out these easy to follow Infographics, where we break down the logistics language!
Canadian Customs Brokerage services frequently requested:
- Customs ClearanceBefore a shipment of goods is released into Canada, certain requirements set by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) must be met, and all the required documentation must be accurately completed and correctly submitted. Cole International's customs brokers are exceptional in their knowledge of CBSA's import regulations and outstanding in the care and attention they apply to each customer's importation needs.
- Consolidated Entry PreparationCole International can help you save on shipping costs by preparing consolidated entries for shipments of like or similar merchandise consigned to any number of different customers.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency ReleasesWhile the importation of food into Canada is strictly regulated, special programs exist to speed the clearance time through Customs. Cole International's penetrating knowledge of the customs landscape and strong relationships with regulatory authorities make us your ideal choice for a broker to help keep your imports on the move.
- Department of Foreign Affairs Permit Applications Canada has a range of goods over which it imposes import controls. To bring such goods into the country, importers require authorization from the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT). Cole International is well versed with Canada's Import Permit Regulations and can help you secure the clearance you require.
- Manifest PreparationInternational trade has boomed in recent years, and the ever-increasing flow of goods puts pressure on the entire logistics chain and especially on customs clearance. Nothing helps minimize delays like a complete, correct, compliant customs manifest; and no one does it better than Cole International.
- GST Direct ProgramCole International designed its CBSA-approved GST Direct Program to reduce the costs and hassles of monthly administration while accelerating refunds of GST Input Tax Credits . You'll receive an automatic monthly report of GST paid on imported goods, and we'll take care of all the requisite record keeping and account consolidation.
- Importer Duty Direct ProgramCustoms duties on any shipment are the responsibility of the importer at time of import. Cole International's Importer Direct Duty Program facilitates duty and GST payments direct to the Receiver General of Canada.
- Temporary Entries For goods being brought into Canada that will return to their country of origin at a later date, Cole International can help expedite entry, avoid any unnecessary procedural delays, and look out for your best interests in the Canadian market.
- Export DocumentationThe export process is made more complex by the wide variety of documents exporters need to complete to ensure their goods reach their destinations not only promptly but free from reporting errors and issues of non-compliance. With Cole International, you get unparalleled knowledge of the export landscape coupled with a rigorous standard of total compliance.
- Full EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Getting your shipments through Customs grows ever more complex. Even minor errors or omissions can result in costly delays or penalties. With EDI, Cole International can electronically complete your import entries and securely submit all the mandatory information to the border authorities.
- Cole Portal (Online Import Visibility)Securely access all your customs and shipping information from anywhere, anytime. All you need is Internet access, a Cole International account and a login ID to track and trace shipments, receive notifications of a shipment's release from Customs, see the duty and applicable taxes for your imports and generate historical data reports.
- Supply Chain Reports
- NRI (Non-Resident Importer) Clearance On the ever-evolving commercial landscape, Canada has seen many non-resident vendors become Non-Resident Importers (NRIs). While motivations vary, the common denominator is market share: establishing it, increasing it or protecting it. Other significant benefits include improved control of the supply chain and heightened competitive advantages, as vendors become better able to determine and manage the price points at which their goods will compete in the Canadian marketplace.
If you've deciding to become an NRI, Cole International can help you obtain NRI status and then navigate the associated Customs-related compliance and sales tax-related issues.
- ColePac Small Parcel Service When you have small packages moving between the United States and Canada, ColePac is the most reliable and cost-effective way to get them to their destinations. Along with door-to-door delivery at competitive rates, this complete service provides all the necessary customs clearance.
- Vehicle Imports into CanadaFor individual and commercial importers, Cole International provides the full range of services to ensure your cross-border vehicle purchase runs smoothly. We will arrange for transportation (if required), apply for and monitor the U.S. '72 hour requirement', provide an import account including Import Business Number, pay all applicable duties and taxes, and prepare and remit all the necessary paperwork before your vehicle arrives at the border.
- ACI eManifest
How will your goods enter Canada?
Other services offered: