At Cole International, protecting the health of our customers, vendors, employees and their families is our highest priority. This is why we are constantly monitoring local, provincial, state and National updates as it relates to the spread of Covid-19.
Cole International has a business continuity plan in place that will allow us to continue delivering the outstanding service you are accustomed to. Our operations platforms will allow us to sustain our business from a “work from home” environment should we be mandated to do so from the federal, provincial or state governments.
In the interim, our offices remain open for business. Cole International has implemented the following policies to assist with the global effort to help “flatten the curve”, and slow down the rate at which Covid-19 spreads.
- Mandated a travel ban on all business travel. Our employees are to remain in their home city, as it relates to business travel.
- All employees that are exhibiting symptoms have been asked to stay home and self-quarantine, and to contact their local health officials if their symptoms worsen.
- Implemented a plan to decrease our office staff by at least 50% in offices located in densely populated areas. Having some of our staff work from home we were able to use the additional office space to socially distance our employees. We have a phase 2 plan to move more people home should the need arise.
- Unlike some of our competitors, all customer data resides in North America. We can, therefore, manage that data more effectively, without worrying about the health and well-being of third-party employees located thousands of miles from where our customers are.
- The company has prohibited visitation of all customers, vendors, or family members to our offices, and have increased our cleaning practices to include disinfecting our work areas several times a day.
- All vacation requests are being denied at this time, to ensure our customers are being serviced by a full complement of staff at this difficult time.
- All Sales/Account Management staff have been pulled from the road and are working from home as part of our social distancing initiative.
- All staff members are regularly reminded about the importance of hygiene. Washing/Sanitizing hands and not touching their mouth and eyes are crucial in trying to slow down the spread of Covid-19
Cole International is strategically working to balance the health and well-being of our employees and their families with the service needs of our customers. The Covid-19 has presented challenges that are unique and new to all companies. We are confident that with the help of our customers, vendors and our wonderful employees, Cole International will overcome these obstacles, and in many ways become a better company because of them.
Cole International Executive Team