|Title||Claims Analyst - Refunds and Amendments Department (RAAD)|
|Location||Calgary, Corporate Office|
Reports to: National Claims Manager, Refunds and Amendments Department (RAAD)
This position will be responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of B2 files and their transactions and the processing of post-entry corrections and claims as requested by Cole branches or clients.
- Problem Solving
- Customs Knowledge
- Understanding of Customs regulations
- Customer Service
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Skills
- Detail Orientated
- Time Management
- Monitoring file status with CBSA and on the Daily Notice, proceeding with appropriate action including contacting CBSA/Importers, credit validations on the Statement of Account, and payments due to the Receiver General.
- Handling of Detailed Adjustment Statements.
- Closing B2 entries.
- Additional billing and invoice credits for accounting reconciliation.
- Processing accounting overrides or B2 correction requests with CBSA.
- Providing technical support for Cole branches and clients in the interpretation of customs legislation and requirements for B2 amends or refunds.
- Voluntary Disclosure Program Applications and processing of CBSA Case files, such as Verifications or Compliance Letters, that have been determined to be on a negotiated or no-charge basis for the customer.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the National Claims Manager.
- Must have completed grade 12 Education with continued studies in the industry, recognized training relating to international trade, business and management.
- Customs Qualification Certificate, Customs Professional License, CCS or equivalent is required.
- Post-secondary educational studies in management, consulting, tax, logistics, accounting or international trade would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of customs experience with basic knowledge in compliance, HS classification and tariff interpretation, FTA understanding, and broad knowledge of all customs programs relating to import or export.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client service skills.
- Must be computer literate with a strong background in the use of personal computers, and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must be detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic and a personal desire to achieve positive results.
- Ability to work independently and make positive decisions that will benefit both the client and Cole.
- Flexible work hours
- Healthy work-life balance
- Dual Computer monitors
- Comfortable work stations
- Education and Training available