- Country: US
- Workplace Type: On-site
- Requesting Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City: Grand Island
- Province / State: New York
- Experience Level: Mid-Senior Level
Join our team.
Senior Trade Advisor
This position will be responsible for assisting in business and product development, including the delivery of customs consulting services to exporters and importers (including non-resident importers) transacting business within U.S.
- Takes Initiative
- Strong Communication Skills
- Competent Research Abilities
- Problem Solving
- Understanding of Canadian Customs Laws and Regulations
- Accomplished Business Development
- Highly Regarded Customer Service
- Sound Organizational Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Familiar with AS400 Operating System (an asset)
- Bilingual in French (an asset)
- Effective Project Management
- Productive Time Management
- Providing technical support to clients in interpreting all areas of Canadian customs legislation, customs programs, and processes.
- Identifying opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Maintaining and expanding client relations
- Demonstrating expertise on all company products/service offerings and managing the sales of these offerings in a professional manner
- Preparing and conducting customer visits, calls, presentations, and business reviews
- Responding to RFQ’s, and preparing contracts
- Analyzing client tariff classification databases and making appropriate recommendations.
- Reviewing pertinent documentation to determine product qualification under CUSMA/USMCA/T-MEC
- Developing and implementing Free Trade Agreement (FTA), management programs.
- Performing Canadian customs compliance risk analysis to identify key areas of improvement and make recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Preparing requests for rulings to the CBSA
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Toronto Consulting Manager.
- Must have completed grade 12 Education with continued studies in industry-recognized training relating to international trade, business, and/or management.
- CCS or equivalent is required.
- Post-secondary educational studies in management, consulting, tax, logistics, accounting, or international trade and/or Customs Brokers Professional License would be an asset.
- Detail-orientated and logical individual with the ability to make objective business decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian customs regulations and procedures.
- Deep understanding of tariff classification, GRI’s and explanatory notes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client service skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Must be computer literate with a strong background in the use of personal computers, and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must be detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic and a personal desire to achieve positive results.
- Ability to work independently and make positive decisions that will benefit both the client and Cole.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively senior customs experience with extensive knowledge in Canadian customs laws and regulations related to valuation, origin, and tariff classification for both import and export programs.
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent Benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Dual Computer capabilities
- Comfortable workstations; including multiple monitors
- Education and Training available
- Travel, when required